Highlight the correct answer, or type in what you think is correct.
- What does ANZAC stand for?
- a) A New Zealand Australian Army Company
- b) Australia New Zealand Army Corporation
- c) Australia New Zealand Army Corpse
- d) Australia New Zealand Army Corps
- When did Great Britain first declare war on Germany?
- a) August 1916 b) November 1915
- c) August 1914 d) April 1915
- The Dardanelles are… ?
- a) a country in WWI b) a strait separating Gallipoli from Turkey
- c) the location of the ANZAC landing d) nobody knows
- What was the ultimate goal of the Allied Forces on the Gallipoli Campaign?
→ It was to relieve pressure on the Russian army to attack constantinople.
- True or False: The Turkish forces were well prepared for the ANZAC invasion.
- a) True b) False
- When did the ANZAC troops begin their evacuation?
- a) August 20th, 1915 b) April 25th, 1915
- c) December 25th, 1915 d) December 20th, 1915
|WORD||DEFINITION||YOUR OWN SENTENCE|
|strategic||A careful developed plan.||She made a Strategic plan.|
|entrenched||To dig or occupy a french for devensie purposes.||He was Entrenched.|
|reverence||Deep Respect for someone.||She had Reverence For the people who fought in the war.|
- The phrase “second to none” was used to describe the New Zealand Division in “combat, planning and administration”.
What does the phrase second to none mean?
→ It means Best and also first.
- Why do you think it is important to honour the fallen ANZAC soldiers?
→ I think that it’s important to honour the fallen ANZAC soldiers because they risked their lives fighting and we should remember them and Honour them.