South Africa – Questions
Highlight the correct answer for each question.
1) What is the capital city of South Africa?
- a) Petoria b) Bloemfontein
- c) Cape Town d) Trick question there are actually three capital cities
2) What is the population of South Africa?
- a) 55,498,975 b) 55,476,346
- c) 55,798,975 d) 55,489,975
3) What day is Nelson Mandela Day?
- a) 19 July b) 17 July
c)18 July d) 16 July
4) What is the national animal of South Africa?
- a) Great White Shark b) African Penguin
- c) Springbok d) Gemsbok
5) Which country does not border South Africa
- a) Mozambique b) Zimbabwe
- c) Kenya d) Namibia
6) Which language is not an official language of South Africa
- a) English b) Afrikaans
- c) Sweedish d) Sotho
7) “The Springboks have only won the Rugby World Cup once since 1987.”
- a) True b) False
8) Which attraction in South Africa is considered as one of the “7 New Wonders of Nature”?
- a) V & A Waterfront b) Table Mountain
- c) Kruger National Park d) Drakensberg Mountains
9) What did South Africa do for the great white shark?
→ South Africa made it illegal to fish out The Great White Shark.
10) What else have you learned about South Africa?
→ I have also learned about a place in South Africa called Addo National Park where the best Elephant spotting is.