Today I have finished my Response To Text and it was about Navigating. I read the article about it and I completed it. This was very fun to do
Highlight the correct answer, or type in what you think is correct.
- The technique of looking for and locating objects on the shore to navigate is called?
- a) Navigation
- b) Dead Reckoning
- c) Piloting
- d) Lighthouses
2.What is dead reckoning?
- a) Using objects on the shore to navigate
- b) Recording how far you have travelled in each direction based on a fixed point
- c) Using the stars and Sun to decide which way to go
- d) Making dead people decide which way to go
- Using the Sun, Moon, and stars to navigate is called?
- a) Celestial movement b) Global Positioning System
- c) Celestial Navigation d) none of the above
- Explain, in your own words, how you think GPS (Global Positioning Systems) work.
→I think that GPS works when you put your location on your phone and then the GPS can see where you are and take you where you need to go.
- True or False: Submarines use high frequency radiation to navigate underwater.
- a) True b) False
- What are the people outside of an aircraft who help navigate planes called?
- a) Pilots b) Navigators
- c) Air Traffic Controllers d) Playstation Controllers
|WORD||DEFINITION||YOUR OWN SENTENCE|
|celestial||Made out of the apparent position of heavenly bodies.||Ship Navigators use Celestial Navigation.|
|global||In or having to do with the whole earth.||Global warming is terrible.|
|compass||A tool for finding direction.||You can use a compass to go places.|
- Explain: Birds were released by navigators from ships to find land, but how else, do you think, navigators could use wild birds to find land?
→i think that they could use wild birds to find land and see new places.